I LOVE that snickers commercial, "You're not you when you're hungry"
I feel the same way about being tired...
or in pain...
We're chatting about the top 5 reasons people are so tired and I'm giving my best Dr. Mom advise to help.
Because Dr. Mom advice is way different than just Dr. advice.
So why are we SO tired?
The top 5 listed reasons are lack of sleep, poor diet, sedentary lifestyle, excessive stress, and medical conditions.
So, basically, you're tired because you're a mom, right??
There is hope though!
Some mom hacks that have helped me...
1. As adults, we're supposed to get 7 hours of sleep, plan to get woken up and shoot for 8-9 hours. Sometimes, you'll hit 7 then.
2. Eating late disrupts your sleep patterns. Try setting an alarm on your phone to remind you to stop eating after a certain time for a better quality of sleep.
3. If you're not counting chasing your kid everywhere as exercise, try going for a 10-minute walk after supper. It helps get you moving and also reduces stress.
4. Make sure you're taking a good quality multivitamin.
5. See your doctor if you think there's more to your sleepiness. And if pain is keeping you up, make an appointment with your chiropractor.
Pregnancy hormones work in mysterious ways. In some women, they bring on crying jags and a midnight craving to paint the nursery – or heck, the whole house! Other moms-to-be find themselves simply kicking back and enjoying the ride with an “It’s all good” attitude. Take the quiz to see if you're the prototypical pregnant woman or a bit of a pregzilla when you're expecting.